Discord voice echo significantly interferes with communication. Sometimes it is even impossible to make out individual words, so you need to remove echo. And in this article we’ll talk about why Discord is echoing and how to get rid of it. There is nothing difficult.
First Option: Discord Echo Fix
First of all, we need to delve into the settings of the program itself. After all, it is she who is responsible for the transmission of sounds. It’s worth noting that the messenger uses the high quality Opus codec, which doesn’t work very well with voice chat echo on Discord.
In general, the settings we need are not hidden very deeply. But beginners can get quite confused. Therefore, we provide detailed instructions with the necessary algorithm of actions:
- In the main application window, look at the very bottom for the user’s nickname and click on the icon with the gear image, which is located next to it.
- Next, in the left column, look for the “Application Settings” block and click on the “Voice and Video” tab.
- Scroll through the list of parameters that appears in the “Voice Processing” section.
- We are looking for the item “Echo cancellation” and move the switch to the “On” position.
That’s all. Now Discord won’t have the slightest hint of echo or reverb. It’s much easier to communicate this way. All words would be understood and heard. However, this is not the only way. Let’s look at another way to stop echo on Discord.
Second Option: OS Settings
If nothing happened with the previous method, then this indicates that echo is enabled in the microphone settings in the operating system. Therefore, changing the parameters of the messenger won’t give any results in this case.
We’ll have to change the OS settings. This is the only way to solve the Discord echo problem and succeed. Just in case, we’ll provide detailed instructions with the necessary algorithm of actions. There it is:
- In the system tray, look for the speaker icon and right-click on it.
- A menu would appear in which you need to select “Open Sound Options”.
- The corresponding section of the “Parameters”. Here we click on the item “Sound Control Panel”.
- Next, click on the microphone image and click on the “Properties” button.
- Go to the “Improvement” tab and check the “Echo suppression” item.
- Sequentially click “Apply” and “OK”.
You do not need to restart your computer. Just close all programs that are currently using the microphone. After you restart Discord, you won’t hear any echo in the headphones. As you can see, there is nothing complicated.
It is worth noting that this guide is for Windows 10. Windows 7 users should use a slightly different algorithm to access the sound options. The easiest way to do this is using the control panel. First, press Win + R and enter control in the Run toolbar. Click on “OK” or “Enter”. Now it remains only to click on the “Sound” item in the control panel. Then we do everything in accordance with the instructions.
How to Stop Echo on Discord on Phone?
Problems in the form of an echo in Discord on your phone can occur in the following cases:
- Incorrectly set settings;
- Problems with hardware equipment;
- Technical problems that the user cannot influence.
A small echo defect can occur for various reasons – let’s not think about the nature of the origin of the problem, we’d better try to solve it. You won’t be able to fully communicate under echo in Discord – you need to fix the problems that have arisen.
First of all, let’s pay attention to the messenger settings – the application is responsible for the quality of sound transmission! Let’s try to figure out how to disable echoing in Discord on your phone. We present to your attention the most detailed instructions:
- Open the app;
- Click on the gear icon on the bottom left panel;
- Find the section “Application settings” and click on the line “Voice and video”;
- Go to the “Voice Processing” block;
- Look for the line “Echo cancellation” and turn on the toggle switch. It should light up blue!
- The changes made are saved automatically, just close the options window.
Use our instructions on how to fix echo on Discord on your phone. We strongly recommend restarting the device after all the changes and only after that return to communication – the problems should disappear automatically.
The authors of the blog hope that now you won’t say: “I hear a very strong echo in Discord” and our article can help you to cope with this problem.
- Even a nerd is satisfied?! LOL! GG WP!
- Hm, you didn't like it. Well, help us by leaving a comment!